J. Mark Skaggs, PT, CSCS, FMS1, SFMA (BAGO)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy, St. Louis University, 1987
- Licensed Physical Therapist (PT)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Functional Movement Screen, Level 1 (FMS1)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- M1-trained Graston Technique® Therapy provider
- Human Movement Specialist (HMS)
- Certified Dry Needling (Cert. DN 1-2)
Treatment Specialties & Focus:
- Special interests in orthopedics and functional rehabilitation for sports medicine and strength and conditioning.
- Mark has gained a reputation as an expert in sports rehabilitation and general orthopedic care, as well as total joint post-operative rehabilitation.
- Mark is also an active contributor with the Winnebago High School Sports Medicine Team.
- Active Member, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Active Member, National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois – Boylan High School Graduate
Favorite Team: St. Louis Cardinals and whoever is playing the Chicago Cubs!
For Recreation: I enjoy any kind of working out and fishing along with golf and hiking.
Family: I have three grown awesome kids and four granchilren who I spend lots of time with!
Floats-my-boat: I married my high school sweetheart 30 yrs. ago and thankfully she loves athletics and travel as much as I do. We love going to Florida or Arizona over spring break for spring training games and hiking.
Never work a day in your life: I love working with athletes and putting my strength and conditioning background to good use.
Good clean fun: Guinness is the greatest beverage in the world!